2019年7月5日金曜日

Gulliver's Travels


「Gulliver's travels Book cover UYR」の画像検索結果

  Gulliver picked up one of the troublemakers and open his mouth.The little man wriggled and howled with terror. He was sure he was going to be eaten. (p.15)

  Have you ever read Gulliver's Travels or heard it? For me, I had heard that title but had not read. This time is my first reading Gulliver's Travels. It is a famous story and Jonathan Swift who wrote this story is famous person. According to the sites, he was born on November 30 and my birthday is also November 30! Our birthday is same! But he was born in 1667 and I was born in 1999. He is 332 years older than I. It is interesting. I felt familiar with him.

  By the way this title is Gulliver's travels. The noun 'travel' is the plural form. When I look at this title at the library, I wonder why. Did Gulliver travel many times? But the answer for my question is in the textbook which is used at English Grammar class. When we want to say 'travel' as a noun, we can say it as a plural form. We cannot say 'a travel'. My knowledge increased.

Gulliver's Travels. Jonathan Swift. Usborn Young Reading.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Great book!

This was amazing! Oxford Reading Tree: Level 6: More Stories B: The Stolen Crown Part 2 著者 : Roderick Hunt Oxford University Press, USA 発...